Since many of my friends/family don't listen to country music, I'm sure the majority of the people who are reading this have no idea where the title for my blog is from. It's from one of my favorite songs, "Hello World" by Lady Antebellum. I LOVE this song, because it really makes me think about the things in life we should all be grateful for. My favorite part of the song is:
Well, hello world, how've you been?
Good to see you, my old friend
Sometimes I feel cold as steel
Broken like I'm never gonna heal
I see a light, a little hope in a little girl
Well, hello world
Whenever I hear this song, I think about our little girl, and how wonderful my life is. We've been through a tough couple of years, from the time I lost my job in July of 2009, until I finally got a job in September of 2010. Yeah, the money side of that really sucked, but it really was a blessing to be able to be home with Maddy for her first year. And we survived!
Maddy constantly amazes me. She is SO SMART! She talks non-stop, and I'd bet she knows over 125 words! She's started stringing two words together ("color picture", "big dog", "more fish"), which is just crazy! Just last night when we were out to dinner, the couple behind us (who had a 9 month old) asked how old she was, and when I said 17 months, she said, "Wow! She has so many words! My sister's kid only says mama and dada!" Yep. We're very proud of our baby! =)
She also LOVES to eat! She'll eat almost anything, from pickles to Chinese food! She is way less picky than her parents!
One of my very favorite memories of Maddy is when she was taking a bath, I leaned over to wash her, and she reached right up, grabbed my face with both of her soapy hands, and pulled me down to give me a kiss! I <3 how sweet she can be!
I love how sweet she can be as well :-) I love me some Maddy!
ReplyDeleteMaddy has brought so much joy to our family! She constently amuses and amazes us! I don't know who gets a bigger kick out of her Dad, Tara or I! I think we are all equally quite smitten with her!!
ReplyDelete